Thursday, October 27, 2011

Learn Something New Every Day. (Babies)

I Love Babies!






1. May Babies Are The Heaviest : One would think that January sees the heaviest babies given all the holiday eating but this is untrue. May is actually the month that sees the heaviest babies born. Usually about an average of 200 grams heavier than any other month.


2.They Can’t Cry : They can scream and holler for what they want or need, but newborns can’t technically cry. Tears can’t actually be created or released until about three weeks in. However, in some cases, it isn’t unusual for babies to shed their first tears until four or five months.


3. A Turned Head Means A Full Belly : Your newborn didn’t just see something interesting. If he or she turns her head at a spoonful of food, it is because they are full. This is also where shaking your head “no” comes from.


4. Super Baby! : Pound for pound, your baby is stronger than many animals. An oxen is the best example of compatible strength. Their strongest muscles? The legs.


5. Left or Right? : With a population that is ten percent left-handed, now is about the time you will begin noticing your child’s preference. However, if your baby is a twin, they are 22% likely to be left handed.




I got these from This website.  There's lots more fun facts about babies there, just in case you were curious.  :)


~Happy Blogging~
Love,
HAnNAhW

3 comments:

  1. Hehehe - how interesting! Dare I admit it? - I was a May baby... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. My largest baby was in May weighing in at 10 lbs. 9 oz. Keziah Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's weird is my youngest sisters are identical twins, and they are both left-handed :) Something for me to think about haha

    ReplyDelete

I don't moderate comments so if you are going to write something, just please don't embarrass yourself. I assure you that I am doing more than enough of that to cover for the both of us.

Also, try not to be a dick.

Thanks