Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Birthday Madness.

I was so blessed this year by all my friends and family, they were all so thoughtful and planned a surprise birthday party for me!  

Those sneaky people, did it without me even knowing.  I am still convinced that the only reason I didn't figure out that something was going on was because I was in Georgia during most of the planning.  ;)

I think though by the end of all the birthday things I was definitely all birthdayed out.  But, that is the way it is supposed to be methinks.  

I don't have any pictures of the first part of the shenanigans that happened in Portland.  So, I'll just give you a rundown of everything we (we as in, Rebecca, Josiah, Ethan, Meshach, Seth, Josh, and I) did.  First, we went to a movie in the mall...  Okay, just let me say this...  That mall is the weirdest coolest mall I have ever been in (I know, since I have such extensive mall expertise... not), then we walked around said mall, waited for the wanderer (a.k.a Josiah) to come back to us since he wandered off, we know not where to, and didn't tell us.  Just had fun, ate lunch, walked aimlessly from one store to the next.  Poked around in bazaar stores, watched a homeless drummer do his thing, sang on the street on the way back to the car getting many sideways glances in the process, and had tons of fun gawking at all the weird curiosities of mankind that are collected in that living, breathing, museum of craziness that we call Portland.

After all of that we went to the Mack's house, where there was a "Movie Night for Gileskirk", I was kinda surprised that we were going to a movie night since I didn't get any email for it but ooookay, maybe they just forgot to send it to me right?  Wrong!  Basically, they all lied to me....  Sigh.....  (What was that about bad friends Rebecca?)  
When we got to the Mack's house, and after everyone yelled "surprise!" and sang happy birthday and all that jazz, I looked around the room and noticed that there were a lot of people wearing red lipstick and sunglasses. Ya, it was pretty awesome.  

Here are a few pictures from the evening that one of my sisters (not sure which one) took.  

This was before we got there, Liberty and Israel were patiently waiting by the window.
Aren't they the cutest things?

Liberty, she is so cute!
 I may or may not be biased.  hehe

Mrs. Mack looked pretty awesome in her "Miss. Scarlet" outfit.

Mr. Green and Professor Plum.
Can you tell where they were going with these outfits?  We played a live clue game!  It was pretty fun, I almost died on the kitchen floor after eating a raw onion but other than that it was a pretty fun game.  :)

(Left to Right: Mrs. Mack as Miss. Scarlet, Mrs. Kock as Mrs. Peacock, and My mother as Mrs. White)
Yes my mother was the one that almost killed me. haha not really mom.
They all did really good at acting out their parts.  :)
Oh ya, and Miss. Scarlet...  Professor Plum...  I think he kinda likes you.  ;)
My beautiful sister Keziah.
Left to right: Mr. Green, Professor Plum, Colonel Mustard, and Miss. Scarlet
Oh my goodness, kids at heart I guess.  

this.... was a joke.
My grandma made me this for my birthday. haha

Israel is such a sweetheart!

Whoa Lydia.

Awww, Little Justice.

ah ha!  One of the grand architects of the plan.  :)  My gorgeous friend and accomplice, Rebecca.

Hey look, it's Liberty again.

Beautiful Talitha and Lydia.

This picture...  is funny.
Good one Heather.  

(From left to right: Seth, Josh V, Josh S., and Meshach)
These guys are funny.

sigh......

This is so them.  Nice shades guys.

Hi Heidi!

I believe they were all playing some music game or other.  Musical Charades I think it was called?  It looked like a lot of fun!

It's Xaleb!
 you know like Xylophone? 
This was on the fridge for the clue game...  It was quite disturbing actually.  :)
After that the Mack's girls invited me to spend the night at their house, so I did.  It was a lot of fun!  We pretty much laid in bed and talked till like.....  3 in the morning and giggled over pointless things.  And in the morning we watched "Little Dorrit", talked with a random friend of theirs that decided to drop by, and ate, we ate like all day I think.


This year was one of the best birthdays ever.  I had so much fun with all my friends and family and hope to be able to bless every single one of them as much as they have blessed me.


Love,
Han

7 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad they had a surprise party for you! That's so cool :-D Thanks for posting all the pictures, there's some of the friends you talked about. ;-) Looks like y'all had a blast!
    I hope you had an awesome birthday. :-D
    Love ya!
    Laney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like a fun party! I am sad to have missed it.
    Love,
    ~ Grace ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun day! I'm glad you had a good time, Hannah. :) You bless us by being you, HaPPilY yOu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... I am jut now looking at this post! :) That was a fun day!! I am glad to know that you had a good time and that you where truly suprised! :)

    Love ya Sista,
    Rebecca
    PS
    I really dont remember any one taking my picture that night... ?? Funny how random pictures pop up on different blogs.. :)
    PSS
    Yeah I know I am a bad friend for lying to you.... but it wouldn't have been a suprise if I hadn't.. sorry. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I don't moderate comments so if you are going to write something, just please don't embarrass yourself. I assure you that I am doing more than enough of that to cover for the both of us.

Also, try not to be a dick.

Thanks