Sunday, October 23, 2011

Muffin Madness.

Last saturday my mom and dad took a trip down to....Corvallis?  I think it was Corvallis anyway.  Well that's beside the point, the point is that they went somewhere and did something and left us poor children at home.  :'(  So, my parents went somewhere and I had to make muffins for church the next morning.  They were really yummy so I thought that I would share some of the pictures of me making them, and the recipe just because they were super yummy, righteous mama muffins.  :)


Nutmeg Streusel Muffins:
Streusel Mixture:
11/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened

Muffins:
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
11/2 tsp. baking powder
11/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. buttermilk
1 egg

Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In large bowl combine 11/3 c. flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.  Reserve 1/2 c. for streusel topping.  In same bowl add all muffin ingredients to streusel mixture. Stir just until moistened.  Spoon into greased 12 c, muffin pan.  Sprinkle with reserved streusel mixture.  Bake for 18 to 22 min. or until lightly browned.  Let stand 5 min.; remove from pan and enjoy!  :)


Pre-oven look.

Sadly my first batch came out looking quite deflated...  Sadness.  But they still tasted yummy!

Seth and I were joking around while we were waiting for the other batch to cook.

He was laughing at all my stupid jokes.  I like it when people do that, unfortunately I'm not very funny so it doesn't happen that often.  haha.  :)


Does anyone else think that this picture looks creepy?

The deflated ones.

Fortunately all the batches after my first one looked PER-fect.  I was so happy!  :)



Hope you guys are having a great day!  God Bless!

~Happy Blogging~
Love,
HAnNahW

2 comments:

  1. These muffins were delicious I am glad I found one I could try, well part of one. You poor children only having bread and water to eat while we were gone....Thank you so much for letting me go it is nice to know I have someone trust worthy to watch the children and someone who loves them.....

    ReplyDelete

I don't moderate comments so if you are going to write something, just please don't embarrass yourself. I assure you that I am doing more than enough of that to cover for the both of us.

Also, try not to be a dick.

Thanks