Thursday, November 10, 2011

Learn Something New Every Day. (Vanilla)

This post is dedicated to my righteous sista, Heidi.  ;)  And to all of you who saw my last random facts and were disconcerted because you really aren't a big fan of chocolate...  Here are some for the vanilla lovers out there.  :)








1. The vanilla bean is the fruit of a tropical American species of orchid. It is the one of the few orchids which produce anything edible and there are more than 20,000 orchid varieties.


2.  It can be used for preventing cancer.

3. It is considered to be the most expensive and precious spice all over the world. 



    4. The vanilla oil extracted by fermenting vanilla beans is used to improve digestion.


    5.  It can be used for manufacturing medicines that are used for strengthening the immune power of the body.


    6.  Vanilla helps to prevent memory loss


    7.  Vanilla oil is used to reduce fever as it helps in fighting internal infections.


    8.  It is used to cure congestions, cough, and other sinus related problems.






    Oh, and I would love to get suggestions from y'all about what you would like to see on here next!  


    ~Happy Blogging~
    Love,
    HAnNahW

    3 comments:

    1. You did a post on vanilla-yay! :) Thanks Hannah! Now I know why I like vanilla ice cream so much…it’s good for you! ;D

      ReplyDelete
    2. So do you use pure vanilla?

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oooh, I have a #9! Vanilla extract is made by soaking vanilla beans in...voldka. Fiddlesticks, it means I have to wait until I'm 21 to be able to make it! :p
      I have no suggestions, though...it's fun to read whatever catches your writing fancy! :)

      ReplyDelete

    I don't moderate comments so if you are going to write something, just please don't embarrass yourself. I assure you that I am doing more than enough of that to cover for the both of us.

    Also, try not to be a dick.

    Thanks