Thursday, December 29, 2011

Learn Something New Every Day. (Ice Cream)

Wow, I love ice cream!  And for all of you who are asking right now, "then why don't you marry it."  My reply is...  Because I'm not old enough.  :P  (big joke in our family)

Alright, now on to the important part.  This post is for my good friend Rebecca, in remembrance of all the times that we snuck ice cream in the middle of the nigh, or... Come to think of it in the middle of the day too.  Remember when it got all over my pillow because Josiah came in when we were eating it?  Ya, good times.  

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these few tidbits about ice cream.  :)

Seriously making me want some ice cream!!






1. Twelve gallons of milk is needed to make 1 gallon of ice cream.


2. 50 licks are required to finish off a cone with a single scope of ice cream.

3. Immigrants were served ice cream as part of their welcome meal at Ellis Island.


4. Air is the most important ingredient in ice cream as it is needed to keep the ice cream soft.

5. President Ronald Reagan declared July as national ice cream month in the United States.

6. More men (13%) admit to licking their ice cream bowl clean than women (8%)!


7. Kids aged 2-12 and adults over 45 eat the most ice cream!


8. The 3rd Sunday in July is National Ice Cream Day!


Love,
Han

2 comments:

  1. I lick my bowl clean every time! :)) Thanks for the facts, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does not take 12 gallons of milk to make one gallon of ice cream I have a cow and I have made ice cream with less gallons !!

    ReplyDelete

I don't moderate comments so if you are going to write something, just please don't embarrass yourself. I assure you that I am doing more than enough of that to cover for the both of us.

Also, try not to be a dick.

Thanks