Thursday, December 8, 2011

Learn Something New Every Day. (Coffee)





Today I am going to tell you about something very near and dear to my heart...  Coffee.  Getting to make coffee for church in the mornings every sunday has definitely given me a much greater appreciation for the drink and on top of that I just love coffee.  Only when bought pre-made though I don't do the whole, coffee at home thing, unfortunately for my wallet.  


I am going to dedicate this post to Shay, because she just loves coffee.  I also dedicate it to Josh S.  Because I am so sorry that my brother handed you that first cup, hopefully someday you will be able to loose yourself from  it's evil bonds, I have hope you will return to your former happy self that you were before you tasted the stuff. 






1. Caffeine Can Kill You
But you'd have to drink 80 to 100 cups in a hurry, health experts say. I advise not trying.



2. Coffee is actually the second most widely-traded commodity in the world, behind oil.


3. Decaffeinated coffee sales are at their highest in January of each year, partially due to New Year's resolutions.


4. While coffee is best known as a beverage  of choice, coffee also can be used as a moisturizer and fertilizer, among other unconventional uses.


5. One coffee tree yields only about one pound of roasted coffee each year.  Which would explain why it is so expensive,


6. Coffee can lift your mood, make you happier, and make you feel better. It alleviates depression.

7. Coffee can protect your teeth from cavities.

8. Coffee can be used to dye paper and fabrics. If you put the beans in hot water their colour will start to come out. You can use that water to dye fibres.


I hope you enjoyed these few tidbits of info.  Merry Christmas Everyone!  (just pretend that you can see me waving...  OK?)

Love,
Han

4 comments:

  1. Maybe I should go through coffee drinkers anonymous. Oh wait, I love it to much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is there no dedication to your mother who is a coffee lover and loves her foo-foo in it. Also coffee tastes much better in a cute cup!

    ReplyDelete

I don't moderate comments so if you are going to write something, just please don't embarrass yourself. I assure you that I am doing more than enough of that to cover for the both of us.

Also, try not to be a dick.

Thanks