Saturday, September 17, 2011

History Project!

I have been teaching school to Esther, Keziah, and Lydia this year.  We just did our first history project about two weeks ago!  It was so much fun and I hope to be doing a whole lot more this year with them!  Anyway, we were studying the Decline of the Roman Empire and the girls decided that they wanted to make Roman pillars out of sugar cookie dough.  They had a lot of fun (even if their pillars didn't even slightly resemble the ones that the Romans used.  :)  )
Making Pillars

My beautiful sisters!

One of Keziah's pillars.  hehehe.

The ball of dough

Lydia, you are so precious!

Esther......  :)

I think that Esther's pillar turned out to be the most roman like.  :)


Keziah made some veggie tales character pillars out of her dough.  :)  Keziah, you are so silly.

Lydia had a hard time coming up with a suitable design.

But she finally figured it out!  :)
We have been having all sorts of fun with out schoolwork this year and hopefully there will be much more in store for us!  I love learning new things, which I am doing in teaching my sisters (like maybe patience. haha).  I didn't actually get any of pictures of the finished product but, lets suffice it to say that our pillars came out of the oven much different that when we put them in.  :)  Oh well, it was fun anyway!

Thanks for reading!

~Happy Blogging~
                     HAnNahW

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't moderate comments so if you are going to write something, just please don't embarrass yourself. I assure you that I am doing more than enough of that to cover for the both of us.

Also, try not to be a dick.

Thanks